Historic shrine built in 1648.
Toshogu Shrine was constructed in 1648 by the domain lord of the time to honor Tokugawa Ieyasu.
Of the original buildings, the honden (main hall) and haiden (hall of worship) were destroyed by the atomic bombing in 1945, but the surviving karamon gate and other structures bear memory to the original architectural styles.
- English web page has opened. We have opened an English-language edition of our website.